NYT > Adultery

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nurse Jackie - Cheating & Other Lessons

Last night Season Three began over at All Saints Hospital. Jackie Peyton was right where I last saw her; in the bathroom trying to figure out how the hell she was going to lie her way out of the situation she had gotten herself into.

Nurse Jackie is a pill-popping-vicodin-snorting-RN. I love her and I do not know why. She's cheating on her husband, cheating on her boyfriend, stealing education money provided by her best friend to support her drug habit, rigging a pill dispenser to provide her poison while pointing her finger at a recovering addict/fellow nurse.

On the surface, Jackie is an addict still searching for rock bottom. Underneath, Jackie is a good person--she's a nurse for crying out loud--and a damn good one at that. She's a wife, girlfriend, co-worker, friend, mother--the drug addiction is only one layer. At least that is what I tell myself.

Showtime began this series a couple of years ago to focus on the people who really run the hospital--the nurses. Jackie is a character I love. She is an angel in disguise--so what if she has some faults-- I try not to get hung up on the dirty details.

In order to fully appreciate Nurse Jackie, I have to remember some of the RNs who paved the way for Edie Falco's character to fully shine. I have to hand it to Falco, I never thought she could top her acting abilites after playing Carmela Soprano for all those years...with Jackie Peyton--she has hit the jackpot.

Thanks to Showtime, nurses are finally given their due--if you can get past the addiction--you will see Jackie as the heroine she truly is.

Are any of these twenty among your favorites? Who did I forget?

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/life-as-i-see-it/2011/03/20-nurses-who-paved-the-way-for-nurse-jackie.html#ixzz1I5s4QjUd

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post Buddy! We believe the same. SpyBubble have is a Powerful Mobile Spy Application that will allow you to log in from any computer and supervise any smart phone or BlackBerry on real time.
    spy cell phone software

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife was so smooth at hiding her infidelity and I had no proof for months, I saw a recommendation about a Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating wife’s text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on her and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your wife is an expert at hiding her cheating adventures contact him. thank you


    ReplyDelete