NYT > Adultery

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Acknowledging the Signs



Spousal cheating is always at first glance a horribly devastating experience. There can be no positive aspect to speak of when it comes to violating the trust given by a spouse. Survivors of infidelity however, can attest to the fact that a silver lining may hide from such an unexpected source as cheating in the form of a stronger relationship if it manages to survive the disturbance.

Most people tend to go through life ignoring the subtle signs of marriage trouble in the hope that they will eventually go away. While some signs do go away because they were actually false alarms, others won't because they're real. Soon, they will be more noticeable and can be connected with one another until the doubting spouse has no choice but to acknowledge them and take action.

Infidelity does not simply disappear when ignored. In fact, it tends to progress as it is allowed to go through its natural course without interference, either because the cheating spouse believes that he can get away with it or the other spouse allows it to happen. Spousal cheating is something that has to be talked about in the open between spouses. Before any solution is possible, the problem and its causes have to be identified. Anything short of this would result to half-baked remedies that do not stand a chance against the pressure of infidelity.

In acknowledging the problem of spousal cheating, not all marriages are able to survive. Given this truth, the marriage is still given a fighting chance to prevail rather than deteriorate in neglect and indifference. Spouses are not only expected to provide support during good times but especially so when challenges are there to overcome.

Couples who envision a lifetime together can treat infidelity as a mistake that can be forgiven to make possible the beginning of the journey towards a stronger marriage. Even when it feels like the end of the world for the faithful spouse, second chances can make the difference.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago.He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer.I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof to my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend has been cheating on me for months and I had no idea, I searched online to get help spying her phone. I finally found a recommendation about a reliable PI to help and I strongly recommend worldcyberhackers@gmail.com Mr James to anyone who needs help spying their partner. I was able to access her phone contents remotely and It literally worked without traces. Don't hesitate to message him if you need help, tell him i referred you.


    ReplyDelete