NYT > Adultery

Friday, July 22, 2011

In Love With a Cheater



A good number of people go through married life not knowing that their spouses are cheating on them. Cheating spouses naturally hide their illicit activities, particularly those who do not desire to lose their legal partners. Discovered infidelity has caused many marriages to crumble and dissolve but there are cheated spouses who choose to stay married to their cheating spouses in spite of it.

There are various reasons why a betrayed spouse would choose to remain. Some consider the effect divorce have on children while others find the marriage convenient for their personal objectives. There is a distinct group that exists among cheated spouses - those that remain in love with their cheating spouses.

Whether or not they take the part in the marriage vow which mentions "for better or for worse" very seriously, they have certainly chosen a difficult for themselves. Infidelity is one of the worse burdens to carry in a marriage and to accept it as part of the relationship perhaps for a considerable time before it hopefully stops, requires steel-clad determination and an unlimited source of love. It is always easier to hate the betrayer than love him/her for how can you love someone who repeatedly hurts you with cheating. But there are those who do...

Short of branding them as people with masochistic tendencies or people who derive pleasure in being hurt, we may consider them as people who genuinely believe that there is hope in their respective marriages and spouses. Even in the clear indication of hopelessness, they are determined to wait it out while continuing to be there for their beloved cheaters. They love at the expense of themselves and that is not always good.

Marriage requires a certain degree of sacrifice but it would be best to assess what are being sacrificed with a spouse's repeated cheating. Does everyone and everything else cease to matter at the price of keeping the cheating spouse? Obviously, there is a thin line that separates undying love with plain stupidity.






2 comments:

  1. My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago.He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer.I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof to my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago. He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer. I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof for my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.


    ReplyDelete