NYT > Adultery

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Infidelity Urban Legend



The story of the revengeful bride or groom exposing the other's act of infidelity on the very day of their wedding has been making the rounds for some time. It had been told over and over again with some claiming to have been at the actual wedding or at least know someone who was there. Until today, the story has never been confirmed thus it remains an urban legend.

Essentially, the story says that a bride or groom (depending on the version) finds out about the other's infidelity involving the best man or the maid-of-honor. The aggrieved party decides to take revenge on the wedding day by exposing the cheats in front of the guests. While the story of the aggrieved bride ends with her shoving her bouquet of flowers on the groom's face and then walking out after announcing the infidelity to the guests, the aggrieved groom makes it more graphic by providing the guests with pictures of the bride and the best man having sex. He then lets the bride's parents take care of the huge bill and then files for divorce.

But why the interest in this kind of story? The story for one has everything in it that makes all those TV soap operas very addicting. There is the protagonist, the antagonist, love, betrayal, revenge, and justice. These are the elements that make up a story that people would like to see through the end if only to have the satisfaction of seeing bad people get what they deserve.

This just goes to show that people basically seek justice that is why it was so easy to identify with the pain and the triumph of revenge of the aggrieved party. It didn't matter if the story involved real people since it represented circumstances that are really happening. Whether this story happened or not, the tale of retribution may just be too hard to pass up and so we listen one more time...

3 comments:

  1. My Husband was so smooth at hiding his infidelity and I had no proof for months, I was referred to Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husband's text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him


    ReplyDelete

  2. If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago. He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer. I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof for my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.


    ReplyDelete