NYT > Adultery

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Marriage of Convenience- Does it Lay the Foundation for Infidelity?



A marriage of convenience is said to be an agreement between two people to be bounded in marriage for practical and financial reasons rather than the desire for intimacy and emotional support. Because of the seemingly "cold" conditions of the relationship presented from the very start, it could be very difficult to attain the level of intimacy that will develop trust between the couple. This is especially so when one party is "forced" to participate in the sexual aspect of the relationship merely as part of his/her own side of the agreement.

There are many men and women holding advantageous positions in society who will try to "buy" the affection of their objects of desire by providing that which is needed most by the other in exchange. There are also instances where the party in need initiates the proposal and is either accepted or rejected by the other. In situations such as this where the real reason for wanting to go into marriage is quite clear between the couple, is it realistic therefore to expect that the spouse who has no genuine interest on the other will eventually find himself/herself in the path of infidelity?

We have to remember that anyone who crosses the lines dictated by marriage in the aspect of fidelity is considered a cheat whether or not he/she has expressed love for the other. It is enough that he/she has agreed to be part of the marriage even if it is only done to fulfill a personal purpose. The other party who agrees to fulfill such a purpose naturally expects something in return for the favor. It is quite common for them to expect their spouses to be faithful at least during the tenure of the agreement, unless of course there has been an agreement arrived into otherwise.

There are known cases where partners to marriage for convenience allow each other a certain degree of freedom to maintain relationships with another man or woman subject to limitations. This agreement is usually known between the couple only and requires a substantial degree of restraint on both sides so as to avoid shaming the other in the public's eyes. A marriage of convenience tends to lay the foundation for infidelity since sexual desire and affection of at least one spouse is reserved for another.

2 comments:

  1. My Husband was so smooth at hiding his infidelity and I had no proof for months, I was referred to Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husband's text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him


    ReplyDelete

  2. If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete