NYT > Adultery

Monday, October 17, 2011

Infidelity Aftermath



What exactly happens between spouses after the initial discovery of infidelity? Will it be characterized by violent confrontation or quiet acceptance? The most common reaction of cheated spouses is somewhere in between or a combination of both as affected couples go through the different phases of recovery.

The initial stage is typically the most volatile where aggrieved spouses go through a roller-coaster of emotions ranging from anger to depression. Many cheated spouses cannot even bear to look at their cheating spouses without being engulfed by strong emotions that are very difficult to handle. Cheating spouses for their part may find themselves at a loss at how to conduct themselves, not being fully prepared for the mess they have created.

It is quite possible that cheaters do not realize the impact of their actions until they are seeing for themselves the effect marital infidelity has on their families. Before getting caught, they may be under the illusion that the thrill and excitement will have no end. Regrets never come before a mistake and when it comes, it is often too late to go back.

There are consequences to every action and decision people take. The aftermath of infidelity is one of the most difficult times for any committed relationship. During this time, many cheaters wish to undo what has been done which everyone knows is impossible. In the face of great temptation to cheat on one's spouse, it is always an effective wake-up call to imagine the probable consequences to determine if one can live with them.

3 comments:

  1. My Husband was so smooth at hiding his infidelity and I had no proof for months, I was referred to Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husband's text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him


    ReplyDelete

  2. If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete